For croquet enthusiasts, the Grand Haven Amenities package currently includes at Creekside Amenity Center, three regulation sized courts.
Use of these facilities is open to all Grand Haven Residents and their registered guests and is controlled by the Grand Haven Amenity Reservation System. Reservations can be made up to one day in advance beginning at 8am by calling (386) 447-0192 or online using the Sign-up Genius at www.grandhavenamenity.com/amenities/.
Courts not reserved are available to Grand Haven Residents on a first come, first served basis.
To facilitate play among different players with similar skill levels, Grand Haven Croquet Club (GHCC) members adhere to established play times for certain handicaps, as well as open play for members. Established times are as follows:
1. American Rules (6-Wicket).
- Handicaps 9 and under:
- Tuesdays - 8:30am to 11:30am - Creekside Courts 2 and 3.
- Wednesdays - 1:00pm to 4:00pm - Creekside Courts 2 and 3.
- Thursdays - 8:30am to 11:30am - Creekside Court 1.
- Handicaps 10 to 14:
- Mondays - 8:30am to 11:30am - Creekside Courts 2 and 3.
- Tuesdays - 8:30am to 11:30am - Creekside Court 1.
- Handicaps 15 and above:
- Fridays - 9:30am to 11:30am - Creekside Court 1.
- Clinics: (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays on Courts 2 and 3).
- Mondays - (Temporary Suspended) Beginners, Handicaps 15 and above - 1:30pm to 4:00pm.
- Wednesdays - Shot Clinic, Handicaps 16 and under - 9:00am to 11:30am.
- Fridays - Strategy, Handicaps 14 and below - 9:00am to 11:30am.
- Open Play:
- Mondays - 9:30am to 11:30am - Creekside Court 1.
- Tuesdays - 11:30am to 2:30pm - Creekside Courts 2 and 3.
- Thursdays - 8:30am to 11:30am - Creekside Courts 2 and 3.
- Thursdays - (Returns in September 2023) 8:30am to 9:00am - Creekside Courts 2 and 3 (Covers Strategy, Rules or Shot questions and answers period).
- Wine N' Wickets Social:
- Thursdays - 3:00pm to 5:00pm - Creekside Courts 2 and 3.
Court Maintenance Schedule has priority, and may affect the above established play times. Current schedule is Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays - Starting at 7:00am till approximately 8:30am on Courts 2 and 3, moving to Court 1 afterward till approximately 9:30am.
It is up to the players in the above groups to reserve the courts they will use in the Grand Haven Amenity reservation system (Sign-up Genius).
Teaching clinics, including coached games, are available at no charge three times a week as shown on the reservation schedule at www.grandhavenamenity.com/amenities under Amenity Registrations - Creekside Croquet. These clinics are described on the GHCC website www.ghcroquetclub.com under EDUCATION.
Website Page last modified Jun 05, 2023